For all my adult life, scientists have been warning us that we are going to outgrow our planet. Too many people wanting too much stuff; too many people with not enough food, clean water, or even a roof over their heads; and too few people holding all the marbles and not giving a shit about the fact that so many are suffering or that our planet is dying.
Peter Joseph offers sound reasoning and workable possibilities for moving us away from societies built on scarcity, and moving to a world that makes sustainability is the number one priority.
There are things being done piecemeal all around the world, but, as he says in the video below, it is not enough.
He offers five things that need to change if we have a chance to turn our world around. He says it is our ingenuity, our ability to do more and more and more, with less and less and less that will be the road to transforming society. There is hope, and here are the things that need to happen:
- Automation – This should be embraced rather than feared because labor has always been the core of oppression and exploitation. Automation will free people so they can do more meaningful things with their lives, and to improve society.
- Access – The sharing culture is growing with home sharing, car sharing, tool libraries, etc. It is insanity for everyone to own one of everything. How often do you use that power saw collecting dust in the corner of your garage? In a Sharing Society, more would be accessible to more people, with less of an ecological footprint.
- Open Source – Sharing ideas and working together to build the best possible everything, rather than hoarding ideas, will speed up innovation like nothing we’ve seen before.
- Localization – Globalization without looking at the consequences must stop. Sustainability must be the guiding force for everything we do. Cutting a tree down in Canada, shipping it to China to be turned into a table, then shipping it to the US to be sold is insanity and a big reason the ecology is in ruin.
- Move Away From Monetary System – When the four steps above come into play, the need for money will drift away as the various types of sharing and collaboration take hold.
Watch this short video, then order your hands on a copy of The New Human Rights Movement by Peter Joseph and become part of the solution. You can also download The Zeitgeist Movement for free. For more of Peter Joseph’s videos and the Zeitgeist Documentary, click here.
Free Mind-Expanding Ebook Download
More than anything else I’ve found, The Zeitgeist Movement Defined, Realizing a New Train of Thought, gives me more hope that a beautiful future is possible for all. Not right away, though. We all need to shift our thinking, open our hearts, and awaken to a new way of seeing the world. If you truly want to heal the planet and build a better future, download this book for free. I am on my second reading, have watched all three Zeitgeist Documentaries, posted here on EE, along with some of Peter Joseph’s interviews. Consider joining or starting a Zeitgeist Chapter where you live.
Check out Peter’s new book, The New Human Rights Movement, available at Amazon.com. I bought the hard copy so I can highlight the sections to which I want to refer back.